- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1 English cucumber, diced into 1/4-inch chunks
- 4 nori sheets, quartered and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 oz crab meat pieces (claw or jumbo lump)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- In a medium saucepot, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in rice, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for an additional 10 minutes. Spread rice on a baking sheet to cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk wasabi, soy sauce, vinegar and honey. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix rice, cucumber, nori and carrot. Drizzle with wasabi-honey mixture and stir to combine. With a rubber spatula, gently fold in crab.
- Divide spinach evenly among serving bowls or plates and top each with rice-crab mixture and avocado.
Nutrients per serving (1 cup spinach, 1 1/2 heaping cups rice-crab mixture, 1/4 avocado): Calories: 360, Total Fat: 10 g, Sat. Fat: 1.5 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Omega-3s: 350 mg, Omega-6s: 930 mg, Carbs: 54 g, Fiber: 9 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 18 g, Sodium: 490 mg, Cholesterol: 55 mg